HLSA RGC: Entrepreneurs Network
A network for HLS alumni who have started their own companies or are contemplating starting a new venture, as well as those who've left the law for a business role in the "start-up" community (investors, consultants, advisers, etc.).
The HLSA Recent Graduates Council is excited to announce the launch of its newest alumni group, the Entrepreneurship Network. This network is open to all HLS alumni who have started their own companies or are contemplating starting a new venture, as well as those who've left the law for a business role in the "start-up" community (investors, consultants, advisers, etc.). The group will feature regular networking events and discussion panels on topics including:
- Getting Going - A discussion on the basics of starting and running your own business.
- Start-ups at Every Budget - A discussion on funding and seeking investors for new businesses.
- The Non-Practicing Attorney - Real perspectives from JDs working in non-legal fields, focusing on transitioning to new industries, the soft skills needed and other things HLS Career Services doesn't tell you about life outside the law.
- Entrepreneur Essentials: Marketing 101 - you have your idea, your business plan and your capital, now how will you market your new venture to potential customers? The essentials of building and following through with a marketing plan for your business.
- Pivoting - Assessing and adapting to customer and market needs while staying true to your vision.
In addition, the network will be developing a toolkit of resources for entrepreneurs, including information on (i) office or co-working spaces, (ii) conferences and events to attend, (iii) good blogs to follow, (iv) prospective angel and venture investors, (iv) recommended web developers and accountants, (v) contests and programs to enter (Techstars, Y Combinator), etc.
If you are interested in joining the HLS Entrepreneurs Network, please click below:
Keep up to date with the network via our blog, twitter, and Linkedin group:
This group will kick-off with a discussion with the current VP of Tumblr, Andrew McLaughlin '94, next Tuesday, May 22 at the Harvard Club of New York. Andrew is a seasoned web entrepreneur who among other achievements, was part of the team that launched the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which manage the web's domain names.
We encourage all interested alumni to join this network and we look forward to working with fellow HLS alums to develop successful new ventures.
HLS Entrepreneurs Network Co-Chairs
T.J. Duane '02
Loni Edwards '10
Lindsay Finch '07
Antonia Floyd '07
Rob Tauler '05