HLSA Recent Graduates Council Entrepreneurs Network
An Evening With Joey Tamer
Wednesday September 19th @ 7:00pm
11461 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90049 (just off the 405)
Join the HLSA Recent Graduates Council Entrepreneurs Network and the Harvard Business School Association of Southern California for an evening with Joey Tamer, as she discusses how to leverage your skills and expertise to transition to a career of independent consulting full-time. If you have ever thought of starting your own law practice or consulting firm, this event is for you. Mrs. Tamer will be discussing such topics as:
Cost: $20 for Harvard Law School Graduates; $20 for Harvard Business School Graduates; $40 for all others.
- Learning how to create some balance between your life and your work
- Understanding the traits, discipline and skills needed to build a practice.
- Creating your own personal power, authority and value.
- Developing your brand and reputation for excellence.
- Finding and closing clients: prospecting, marketing, “buzz” and referrals.
- Designing creative value-based fee structures that drive exceptional revenue.
- Controlling your payment structures (getting paid in advance).
- Protecting yourself legally with clear and simple contracts.
- Screening your clients to avoid high-maintenance (low margin) gigs.
- Defining the work you will deliver without giving in to “scope creep.”
- Knowing when and how to fire a client and reject a prospect.
If you have trouble RSVPing online, please email Rob Tauler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HLSA Recent Graduates Council fosters professional networking, business collaboration and social engagement among graduates of Harvard Law School. For more information about the Recent Graduates Council, please contact T.J. Duane at email@example.com. The Recent Graduates Council administers over a dozen Shared/Professional Interest Networks and more information about these networks can be found at HLSA.org. All HLS alumni are also encouraged to join the HL Alumni LinkedIn Group.